• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Big Feast

Oh my goodness, I am already beginning to get stressed out about Thanksgiving! We are the only members of our family in the area who have a house, as opposed to an apartment, and we volunteered to host this year. MIL always hosts, and I didn't want to step on her toes, but she assured me that she was fine with it. She's even coming over the night before to help me prepare. But I'm stressing out because I'm always so worried that my sisters-in-law are going to think anything I do out of the ordinary is "snobbish" or "showing off." I thought about making cute little place cards for the dinner table. I wanted to have a couple of special dishes for dinner. But I know that if I do, I'll get the old, "la di dah, look at Cindy showing off again" attitude. I guess I did something along the way to make them think I look down my nose at them, even though I don't. One particular SIL has always had trouble getting along with my husband, ever since they were children, so I think some of it is just "run-off" if you know what I mean.

The next few days will be dedicated to cleaning up the house and cleaning out the fridge to make room. Then I'll get the food and do all the stuff that I can do ahead of time. I love entertaining and cooking, so I hope to focus on the fun part and not worry about the other stuff. People will think what they want no matter what I do, so I'm just going to do my best and have fun.

Comments on "The Big Feast"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (12:28 AM) : 

Yeah, Cindy. Have the day YOU want, and don't worry about what the others think. If they want to think you're better than they are, maybe you ARE. Or maybe they just worry about it. Have a wonderful day!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 AM) : 

Oh Cindy I'm sure it will all be wonderful. I understand about the SIL thing. My husband and I just cooked an entire Thanksgiving dinner on Sat and transported it to my GMIL's. One reason being so I could avoid one of my SILs. But I can't vent about it on my blog because I know she stalks it. I guess your SILs don't read yours?

 

Blogger Pam said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Good luck! We'll have to chat after it's over since I'm not going to the in-laws this year you'll get to do all the bitchin! ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 AM) : 

Hope you have fun....after all the cleaning that is. If your SIL says anything just let it roll off and have a great time.

 

post a comment