• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Photoshop Action Freebie!!

Okay, I'm no Atomic Cupcake but a friend at The Digi Shoppe asked if someone could create an action to make it look like a pin is going through a piece of fabric or paper. I happen to like my technique for this effect, so I created an action for you to use if you want to. You can download it here:

Easy Pin Action

Make sure that you put a selection around the piece you want cut out BEFORE running the action, using the marquee or lasso tool. Here's what it looks like when you're finished (I hope!!)



EDIT AT 7:30 pm EASTERN: Something weird is going on either with Blogger or with Photobucket, because my blog header and some other graphics have just disappeared, including the one that illustrates the pin action. You can see it HERE if you can't see it on the blog.

Comments on "Photoshop Action Freebie!!"

 

Blogger Darcy said ... (4:41 PM) : 

WOOHOO! An action I can finally/actually use! Thanks so much, Cindy! I tested it out and it worked great! (now..a reason to get some pins!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

You better be glad I cannot reach out and get you cause I'd kiss your whole face!!!!!!!!! :) Thanks sweetie!!! I can't wait to try it!
Bek (opeysmama)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 PM) : 

wow cindy. thats great. i must try it out!!!

 

Blogger Jenn T. said ... (5:46 PM) : 

Can't wait to give this a try!

 

Blogger Kristin said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Thanks for the freebie and a question..for your blog template is it a template you found somewhere? my email is pixel112@telus.net if you could let me know! Thanks!!

 

Blogger Jeanne said ... (5:51 PM) : 

Very cool Cindy!! Thanks so much!
Jeanne

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Awesome! Good job :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Thank you, Cindy! I'm very excited to play with this - ASAP!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM) : 

hey wow! this is so cool Cindy thanks for sharing :)

 

Blogger Priscilla said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Very cool - I can't wait to try this!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

 

Blogger Belinda said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Thank you! It looks like a very nice time saver! Nicely done, very realistic looking!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 AM) : 

great, Cindy! thanks so much and bear hugs to you!

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (12:47 AM) : 

Thank you! I admit, I am not experienced enough to know what to do with pins, so I am VERY grateful to you for this! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 AM) : 

Thanks! I've read instructions on how to do this but I'm way too lazy to bother - thank you for enabling my laziness!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

WOW! What a fabulous gift!! I will definitely be using this action! What a time saver this will be!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

 

Blogger Sinead said ... (1:51 PM) : 

Thanks so much! I'm excited to try this out!

 

Blogger Raji said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Wow! awesome! thanks so much.

 

Blogger Cheryl Gebhart said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Very cute Cindy, and so nice of you! Thanks!!

Cheryl (csgebhart)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Very neat action! Thanks!

 

Blogger TaniaJPS said ... (11:53 PM) : 

You know. This is freakishly AWESOME chica. Inspired TOTALLY by you...I put up a free style at my blog. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 AM) : 

thanks Cindy! can't wait to use it... :)

 

Blogger Joy said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Thanks Cindy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

This is so pretty. Thanks a lot for sharing it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:47 PM) : 

Thanks so much!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 PM) : 

Thank you, Cindy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 AM) : 

This is REALLLLLLLLLY awesome....thank you so much for taking the time to make this for us! Bek you ere brilliant to request it too ;-)

 

Blogger LovelyMissKait said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love it and can't wait to try it out.

 

post a comment