• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentimes!!!

That post title is for the benefit of anyone else who watches 30 Rock, lol.

So, I hope you're having a day full of love and sweetness. I myself am having a day full of disappointment and ice. The big storm they were predicting dumped a piddly 1/2 inch of snow on us, but that was followed by a whole lot of rain and ice. Now it's all slushy and gross out there. The kids' school started 2 hours late and I was just sure they were going to send them home early, but it looks like they're going to stay the whole day. The rain seems to have stopped, and as long as the temperatures don't drop we should be okay for the evening commute.

Sadly, we lost several large branches out of an evergreen in our side yard. The ice was just too heavy, coupled with the wind. We're lucky nothing hit the house. I also had some water coming in through the kitchen ceiling, don't know where from, but it seems to have stopped too.

But nothing was as disappointing for me as the call from my husband saying that he couldn't get out of Orlando because all the NY airports were closed. He's going to have to stay another night, and on Valentine's Day of all nights. I don't care much about the holiday, but he's been gone since Sunday and I just miss him. The tiny upside: I won't have to put off watching tonight's Lost to hang out with him.

On the digi scrapping front, there seem to be a lot of wonderful sales out there today so enjoy shopping. Please drop by Natural Designs and see what new things we have in the store this week. I just put up a new set called Frameworks: Wuv Stuff that contains four lovey dovey layered frames that you can use for your Valentine and love pages. Only 2.99, check it out:



Also, if you'd like a Simon Says Scrap blinkie you're welcome to pick up this non-blinking one I made today:

Comments on "Happy Valentimes!!!"

 

post a comment