• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Life

Life has been very weird these past few days. My 5yo son has been sick and home...my, you never realize how you come to rely on those hours they're in school until one of them has to stay home! So while one bathroom is pretty yucky and the dishes have piled up, I just can't seem to motivate out of this chair to get them cleaned up. It's just easier to sit here while he watches television. Fortunately, the fever seems to be gone and he's had a lot more energy today. He ran around a little when we went to the bus stop to pick up dd7. He still hasn't eaten much, though. A pop-tart and a chocolate chip cookie!

Also, the Amazing Digiscrapping Race is coming to its conclusion. At times it's been infuriating, but for the most part it's been SO much fun. And I'm more sad than relieved. I think the racers have enjoyed themselves; after all, they really racked up the prizes! I hope the challenges resulted in some meaningful layouts for them. I hate creating a layout just for a challenge, and realize afterward that I don't even like it. The upside is that maybe I can do some more designing than I've been able to.

February is going to be a busy and exciting month. Valentine's Day, my parents driving up from North Carolina, mid-winter school break, a Disney World vacation for the first time since I was a child, and my daughter's 8th birthday. How will we cram so much fun into such a short month? I don't know, but we'll manage somehow. The challenge will be preventing dd from jumping out of her skin as she waits for the Disney trip. She's already beside herself; I can't imagine what she'll be like as the month progresses.

DH is at a business dinner tonight. I'm off to try and find a clean counter spot to make some sandwiches, then I'll bustle everyone off to bed so I can watch The Office in peace.

Comments on "Life"

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (11:04 PM) : 

Oh no, poor little guy! I feel so bad for him, and for you. yes, it's so much easier to just sit at the computer as my piles of laundry can attest.

 

Blogger Katherine Lent said ... (12:45 AM) : 

Glad he is getting better!!

 

Blogger Bob said ... (2:28 AM) : 

Well, I appreciate all your dedication and hard work to the ADSR! Thanks for all you did!

 

post a comment