• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Holy crap, what have I done?

I just applied for a job. Dan and I have had conversations over the past years in which he mentions gently that it might be time soon for me to start looking for a job, and they always end up with me in tears. I love being here for the kids if they need me during the day, but it's time I faced facts and realized that I am BORED at home. And I guess nothing is ever going to get me motivated enough to start cleaning regularly. So why not contribute to the income, right?

I found a proofreading position at Stony Brook University, and over the past few days I've been mentally writing up a resume and cover letter. Today I sat down and the computer and wrote them up. Dan the Resume Man helped me edit, and just a moment ago I clicked "send" and sent them off. I'm actually excited about this opportunity because they're flexible with the job being full or part time. I'm still adamant that I want to be home when the kids get out of school, so I could easily do part time hours. Fingers crossed that I get called for an interview.

But I am still shaking a little.

Comments on "Holy crap, what have I done?"

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Good luck! I know exactly what you mean because I sent an email to a former professor asking about teaching at the community college. Low and behold...they hired me. I know exactly what you are going through.

Good Luck!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (5:56 PM) : 

Good luck, Cindy! Not an easy decision, but I think you'll work it out the best you can.

 

Blogger Sonya said ... (9:58 PM) : 

That is a big step to take. I have stayed home since my oldest was born and he will be 11 in September, so I know what you are thinking. Luckily I have found my place at the counter in my LYS.

 

post a comment