• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 01, 2008

Mean Mom, cont.

I'm very proud of myself for carrying out the kids' punishment, despite the fact that it actually made things a little tougher on me. They were not allowed any TV or computer or video games yesterday or today, which meant I heard the phrase "I'm bored" more than once. Funny thing, though, every time I suggested something to do they were suddenly un-bored. Granted, the suggestions I had were "go pick up the dog's droppings in the back yard" and "empty the dishwasher." But they played together very nicely all day, and we did have a field trip to the library and the grocery store to break things up. Plus the pool. Always the pool. When kids get cranky..."just add water."

The lucky happenstance of the day was that there was a program just beginning when we arrived at the library. The Extension office had sent a young lady with two baby pigs! The kids had fun learning about how they use their snouts, what their hair and skin can be used for, and what they feel like. Oh, and the various loud and squealy sounds they can make. The pigs were named Babe and Wilber. In my mind, though, they were called Bacon and Sausage.

The weekend! Yay! No idea what we'll be doing, but I guess I'll need to start preparing for having a backyard full of kids next weekend. Goodie bags, cake, ice cream, decorations...I feel like I'll be putting it together on the fly, but at least with the kids home they'll be able to help. Thank goodness they're reaching the age where their help really is help and not hinderance.

Comments on "Mean Mom, cont."

 

post a comment