• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Party time!

Ben is turning 7 on Monday, so we are throwing him a big bash tomorrow. He's never had a really nice party so far. It feels really unfair, but it seems like Rebecca gets all the good parties. So this time around we're having a MAD SCIENCE party! There's a company called Mad Science that sends out people to put on a show with cool experiments, lots of bubbles and smoke and stuff, and since Ben is such a science fanatic he's really psyched for it. We have 10 kids coming, and Dan has really outdone himself planning for other activities besides just the show. The show has quite a bit of audience participation (particularly for the birthday kid), but Dan also has homemade, nontoxic lava lamps, rubber ball making, and bubbles. Plus he wants to put dry ice in the pool. That one I'm no so sure about, but we'll see what happens. :P There's still a lot to do. Tonight I'm making the cake and tomorrow I'll decorate it with beakers of colored water steaming with dry ice, sparkling candles, and (hopefully) cool icing. I'm already tired just from getting the house ready today, but I'm very excited and I hope he'll enjoy himself and feel very special tomorrow. He's just the best boy in the world and he deserves to have a fantastic day.

I opened a can of Coke and poured it in a glass with a little rum. I haven't eaten since breakfast (it's now almost 7pm) so I don't want to overdo it, but I do like a good rum n coke every now and again. I may have to save it for later though. The party people across the street (not the ones with the perpetual Christmas decorations but the ones with the spoiled rich kids) are having another party tonight, and I may need the help of Mr. Bacardi to get to sleep once the noise level goes up.

Comments on "Party time!"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (10:23 PM) : 

Sounds like you have an amazing day planned for Ben. I know he'll love every minute of it, and you just might be the "party to beat" among his friends!

 

Blogger Pam said ... (11:48 AM) : 

See now we should have come this weekend! We wouldn't have had to leave the house! :)

Happy Birthday Ben from Pam, Jake and Josh!

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (3:31 PM) : 

Your party sounds like so much fun! I hope it goes off without a hitch.

Have you ever tried vodka and lemonade??? Quite yummy on a hot & sunny afternoon.

Again happy birthday to your son and good luck with the party!

 

post a comment