• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 25, 2006

Never did like playing tag...

I'm such a Scrooge. I've been tagged THREE--count 'em--THREE times in the past couple of days and I'm so hateful I don't even want to do it. But I guess I'll suck it up and play along. :wink:

For Pam Bumbaca and Jen Caputo, who both sent me the same tag, the top seven songs that will NOT stop running around in my head these days include:

  • All This Time by Sting (I think it must be my dream accompaniment because I wake up singing it)
  • Ode to Joy because my daughter is teaching herself the tune on the piano--painful
  • Life is a Highway from the movie Cars--my son knows one line of this song and sings it over and over. And over.
  • The theme from the Amazing Race--as I race through my busy day
  • Waitin' on the World to Change--no idea who sings it but it's so true

Two more? Oy.

  • Hotel California--and I thought they overplayed this song in San Diego
  • The Clean Up Song (everybody do your share!) because I seem to be doing everyone else's share lately

Okay, there's two down. Now I have to do the one from Anita Stergiou.


* List 5 weird things about yourself or your pets.
* Tag 5 friends and list them.
* Those people need to write on their blogs about 5 weird things, and state the rules, and tag 5 more people.
* Don't forget to let the people you tag know by posting a comment on their blog!

Five weird things about myself or my PETS? How bout my spouse? Or my kids? They're way weirder than the fish. Okay, I'll stick with me then.

  1. I hold M&Ms under my tongue until they "pop," suck out the melted chocolate, then crunch the shell. I do this either one, two, or four at a time, never three.
  2. When the kids were tiny, I always turned off the car before lowering the garage door when parking. This was so that if I had a brain aneurism in the split second between hitting the garage door button and turning off the key, the children wouldn't be trapped in the car and die of asphyxiation. THESE are the kinds of things I worry about. (Now they can unhook their own seat belts so they're on their own.)
  3. I hate melon. Really. I hate the texture, the watery taste, the smell, everything.
  4. I've read every organization book out there and my house is still messy. Improving, but messy.
  5. When I was a year old we left the town where I was born and I've never been back since. I don't remember a thing about it.
Okay, done! Whew! The pressure. And now...who gets tagged? Ah, forget it. I'll let the tag die with me. ;) What a party pooper.

Comments on "Never did like playing tag..."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

hey! you should read my tags too!! I also hate melon! LOL

 

post a comment