• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Summer's Last Gasp, and Back to School

It's been a busy couple of days around here. First let me show you this fun photo I took of dh and the kids at the beach on Fire Island on Labor Day. We got there early enough that there was plenty of parking and places to put your beach blanket, but by the time we left it was packed!



Yesterday was back to school. Both kids were SO excited; I've never seen them like this. I teased them for weeks saying that I would miss them too much so I decided to homeschool them. You could hear them shouting, "NO!" all the way in Manhattan. I had to get the traditional "hand on the doorknob" shot, along with a few face shots and a silly one. (Actually, there are a lot more silly ones but I decided to spare you.)





And finally, here are all the kids at the bus stop: Colin, Ben, Rebecca, Stephanie, Jessica, and Fallon. We have all the grades K-5 represented here!

Comments on "Summer's Last Gasp, and Back to School"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 AM) : 

Awww such great photos Cindy!! So school is back in session for ya, WOOHOO!! I LMAO@ the home schooling comment. Too funny.

 

Blogger Rach said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Fantastic photos, Cindy. Loved the homeschooling comment too!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (6:33 PM) : 

way cool pics! hehe on the homeschooling! I thought about that too - for a nano second ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 AM) : 

great photos! My Baby started High school on Wed!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:55 PM) : 

They are way too cute! :D I had to laugh at your homeschooling comment! My kids are the ones asking to be homeschooled again and I'm the one yelling "No!" ;)

 

post a comment