• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Pulling my hair out

I hate holiday shopping. I mean, at least being Jewish I get to avoid the major pain involved in shopping on December 24 for last minute stuff. And since the kids are still pretty little I don't get involved too much in shopping for the "hot" item of the year. Yet. But this year DH and I decided to get our 5yo son a Nintendo DS Lite for his "big" Hanukkah present. DD already has one, the white one, so I was going to get him the black one. Well.

I'd seen them all around for a while and didn't think it would be a problem getting one, so I went to Target today with the intention of buying it. Nope. All gone. They called around for me, nada. I came home and went online. NOTHING. Every place that sells them is out of stock. One place had a note that said the delay was at the manufacturer. So I'm thinking, they're trying to increase the demand by holding back the supply. Creeps. I guess I'm just going to have to buy the white one and mark them somehow to tell the difference. I still have a few days while we wait for DD's "big" present (a microscope) to arrive from Amazon. So if any of the Racers on the Amazing Digiscrapping Race want to have a better shot at winning the grand prize, they can get me a DS Lite Onyx!!! (only kidding) (well mostly)

Comments on "Pulling my hair out"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 AM) : 

WOW! I think I am falling out of love with Nintendo. They had a "Pre-release" sale on the Wii and that meant something like 15 of them in a chain of stores like Toys R Us. What kind of crap is that? I agree I think it's to increase the demand or make it seem more popular by not putting many out. Grrrr at that tactic! Hope you find the Onyx DS. We're in the market for a pink one.....hope they have them!!

 

post a comment