• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Apple Festival!

This weekend there was an apple festival in a nearby town. My mother in law was visiting, so we all went together. While we were there we got to sample lots of colonial-style cooking done over an open fire, including curry apple soup (it was really good!), apple crisp, and apple fritters. They had lots of apples to try and some I had never heard of. We went on a hayride, played games, and voted in the apple pie contest (we got to help decide which one was the best looking, but we didn't get to taste). The kids even got to do potato sack races! It was really so much fun, very old fashioned. Here's a layout I created with the photos of Ben from the event. I'll probably do Rebecca's exactly the same only sub out some of the photos. This gorgeous kit is called Autumn Solstice by Jennifer Layden of Jennilyn Designs, and it's on sale for a short time! Find it at the Digi Shoppe!



I'm also working hard around the house to prepare for my parents to visit starting Sunday. I can't wait for them to see how much we've done around the house since they were here over a year ago!

Have a wonderful day and go scrap something!

Comments on "Apple Festival!"

 

post a comment