• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

What a lovely holiday we're having!

I hope you can all say the same. Today is the first day of "real" vacation, by which I mean the kids are home and dh is NOT. So, vacation for everybody but me. :P The kids are happily playing with games they received: Ben is playing Hot Wheels World Race on the GameCube, and Rebecca is playing Nintendogs on her DS. She has a little dalmation puppy named Cupcake and she's trying to teach her to roll over, lol. DH couldn't find the Hot Wheels game online so he ended up buying it used at Game Stop. But when I went to peel the sticker off, I discovered the original price underneath the used price...and it was cheaper when it was new! What's the deal with THAT?

Lest you think I plopped them in front of video games all day, I must tell you that we did make lots of fun paper things with origami paper. We learned that cranes are HARD! And stars are easy once you get the triangle cut out properly. Rebecca used her star to make me a "you're the best mom ever" card. Awwww. Was that me complaining about having the kids home last paragraph? :D

We had "Christmastime for the Jews" yesterday. Yup, movie and Chinese food. There were almost no seats left when we got to the showing of "Night at the Museum," and the show before ours had sold out. All four of us loved it, even though I had seen some mediocre reviews. I guess it helps that we're in NY and have been to that museum several times. Highly recommend it: those scenes from the previews that look really scary, aren't so much. Good time was had by all.

I don't imagine I'll be online much with the kids home, but I do need to start loading up the names of the Racers at the ADSR blog, and I have a few ideas for some new digital kits and elements. So check back here from time to time to make sure you don't miss out. And remember, I have a really pretty and elegant winter kit called
"Dream by the Fire" that will be so nice for those wintertime photos. You can see a few of the papers and elements in my blog header. Keep warm and happy new year almost!

Comments on "What a lovely holiday we're having!"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (3:25 PM) : 

Well I'm glad everyone is enjoying their vacation! Hope you get some play time too! :)

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (1:28 AM) : 

Nintendogs sounds like so much fun!! Too bad we don't have a machine to play it on. Mattea would love it though.Maybe she'd stop asking me for a real dog then.

 

post a comment