• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 23, 2007

What a relief

We've lived on Long Island for just over 2 years now, and for all that time I've been without a physician. I went to the urgent care place once, for a bronchial infection that lasted a month (I finally gave in and went to the doctor when I lost my sense of taste and cried through dinner!). But no regular doctor. Today I finally called a place nearby and got an appointment for a checkup. I don't know why on earth I put these things off, but I do. I guess when you feel good you don't think about it, and when you feel bad it's kinda too late.

So to celebrate I'm going to do something that I don't do too often: spend some money. Sales were pretty good for the first half of April, so I'm going to use my little Paypal nest egg to do some things for myself. First, I have a personal shopping day at Borders so I'm going to go see if they have the latest Photoshop Creative magazine. Then I'm going to take myself and my magazine to Panera for lunch. After that I need a trim and I'm going to see if there's a nail place in the same shopping center where I get my hair cut. I never have my nails done anymore, and it would just be fun to have them done today. Understand, the place I get my hair cut charges ten bucks, so I'm not breaking the bank here. LOL! I'm having a Cheap Girl Spa Day! But it's fun to do nice things for yourself once in a while. It's too nice to stay indoors.

I started walking again finally. I have a nice little 45 minute route mapped out through the neighborhood. My friend Maria always promises she's going to come with me, but she can't ever get her kids out of the house in the morning! She's so funny. And we spent the entire weekend either playing sports or gardening. Thank goodness the warm weather has arrived! Rebecca is TOTALLY the star of her soccer team; I'm always so proud to watch her! She's a good teammate too, always passing the ball to the other players to give them a chance to score. Ben is loving t-ball, especially since Daddy is an assistant coach. He loves strutting around in his cute little uniform.

Well that's it from here for today. Thanks to Ikea Goddess for putting my Rebecca sampler pack up on her freebie blog this weekend. I love knowing that so many people are able to see my work up close now! Don't forget about the Memory Miniatures sale and coupon...good only through Friday! Have a great week!

Comments on "What a relief"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (7:17 PM) : 

I saw that on IkeaG's site! Woot!
Did you see the Miniature I put on my blog?
I'm pimpin for ya!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 AM) : 

Cindy that sounds like an awesome day! Every girl needs a little pampering now and then.
I need to kick start my walking, but I lack the motivation these days.

 

Blogger Pam said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Yeah, good for you on the "Me" day!

BTW, did I ever tell you I'm mad at you for not doing "My" kit! ;)

 

post a comment