• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hey kiddos

I hope you haven't been worried about me. I know I haven't posted anything interesting lately, particularly no new products, but there's a reason for that. Thanks to the kind understanding of my shop owners, I've decided to take the month of May off to regroup. I've just been too slack about very important activities in my life, like keeping house and being truly "there" in the moment for my family. I'm always off in designer land, either on the computer or thinking about new designs. And as a stay-home mom there's really no excuse for the cleaning to be done so sporadically. So I'm working on reorganizing my priorities and my time, and I hope to be back to designing again very soon.

If you want the real truth, I actually have made a couple of things and they're so different from anything I've done before. I guess because I haven't felt the pressure of "I need to get these done and get them up in the store before such-and-such deadline." I've just been noodling around, trying some tutorials, checking out new resources, and enjoying Photoshop for a while. And the results are turning out to be pretty awesome. I can't wait to share them with you, but I need to keep plugging away at my time management first. It will be worth the wait, I promise.

Anyway, I have to go get the kids out of the bathtub but I wanted to let you know I haven't dropped off the planet. Enjoy your families and your life, and go scrap! :D

Comments on "Hey kiddos"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 PM) : 

Hey Cindy, Glad to see you have not dropped off the planet, and no I didn't really think that LOL. No worries, it's OK to step back and take a deep breath once in a while *wink*. Enjoy your May. Love ya, Mary E

 

Blogger Joy said ... (12:34 AM) : 

I think that is so awesome that you are doing that... good for you.

Enjoy your time.

Joy

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Man, I have a long list of tutorials I want to check out, but never have the time. You have the right attitude!

Also? You've been tagged!

http://ndisb.blogspot.com/

 

post a comment