• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, April 03, 2008

A few finished projects

I've been a busy bee! I finished a few projects this week and have more going. Still working on the socks for DH for our first Mets game next Friday...I really have to kick those into gear or they won't be done in time. Also:

A cardigan for Ben. He likes it, yet he doesn't like it. It's a very strange relationship. I'm removing my feelings from the equation and letting the two of them work it out.

100_2488

A cotton top for Rebecca. It's too big, too bumpy (her words), and she doesn't like how it comes off the shoulder. But after I wash, soften, and block it I'm hoping she'll like it better.

100_2491

And a pair of socks I finished for Ben last month. I like these a lot!

100_2492

My current work in progress is a cable vest called "Boogie." I just started on the back yesterday...and can I tell you how empowering it is to know that I can kick butt on the seaming, so I don't have to fear seamed projects anymore? It rocks.

100_2493

DH comes home tonight, so I need to do a bit of tidying and get caught up on laundry. That's it from here!

Comments on "A few finished projects"

 

Blogger Rach said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Wow do I love that green top you made Rebecca!! If only I could pull of wearing something like it. lol She better love it, and wear it proudly after you soften it, cuz dang .. it's cute!

 

Blogger Pam said ... (2:55 PM) : 

I love the Green top! I wish I was smaller I'd raid Rebecca's closet!

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (9:18 PM) : 

I love the yarn for the new project on those needles! Are those your new needles? How do you like them?

You knit great!

 

Blogger Cindy said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Those are my Knit Picks Harmony needles. I bought them when I wanted to try knitting in the round, and I am SO glad I did. Having a complete set makes life so much easier, and I picked up a couple different cable sizes so I can knit nearly any circumference including Magic Loop. Thanks for the compliments!!

 

Blogger Bonny said ... (5:52 PM) : 

wow Cindy, these are all awesome! you rock!!

 

Blogger Kate said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Love the socks - reading your blog tempted me and I'm halway down sock no 2 for Ethan.

Love that yarn for your new project - what brand is it? M.U.S.T. H.A.V.E. S.O.M.E!

 

Blogger ComfyMom~Stacey said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I love the colors in your new project and the cardigan you made.

I can't get my kids to wear sweaters & that bums me out because I have 3 patterns I would like to make for them

 

post a comment