• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A good fright

Seeger gave us quite a scare last night. Just as I was about to finish putting the kids to bed, I realized that he had eaten an entire plate of chocolate chip banana muffins. There were nine on the plate and they were all gone. There was a cup of chocolate in the batch, so I phoned the emergency vet and they told me to bring him in. Fortunately I didn't have to leave him there, because he had eaten just under the "scary" amount. Of course, no amount is good, and he did have all that muffin in there along with the chocolate, so she got him to throw it up and sent us home with some medicine and an order to get him some Pepcid as well. And she recommended training classes, lol. I really do need to teach him not to jump up on the counters...this has happened too many times before, only with meat or bread and not something dangerous like chocolate.

Since DH is out of town, I had to take the kids with me. We didn't get home until after 10:30 so I know they're pooped today. And I was so strung out after getting home, and scared that he might still get sick, that I stayed up with the dog on my lap until after 2 am. So I'm pooped too! Tonight's going to be a nice, quiet evening at home with an early bedtime all around.

Comments on "A good fright"

 

Blogger Sonya said ... (9:30 PM) : 

I am very glad it all worked out.
An early bedtime sounds like a good idea. We need to do that around here too.

 

Blogger Chris said ... (10:01 PM) : 

Scary, Cindy. I can tell you chocolate cake, chocolate frosted donuts, 3/4 of a pizza and a pack of tortilla stories. All separate stories, but all stuff taken off the counter. Oh, and bread stolen from the toaster on more than one occasion, which I thought was me losing my mind, LOL. But, the good news is, Lily grew out of that stage. And I'm better at remembering to push things out of her reach. The microwave has become my friend. Give him some Pepto Bismol too, cause he'll need it for his diarrhea ;)

 

post a comment