• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 10, 2008

Why do I do this to myself?

The time change has us all a little wonked out. So last night DH goes to bed early, like 10pm (which felt like 9pm) and I stayed up to finish watching a show. What do I do after the show is over? Like a complete idiot I start surfing the guide and see that Magnolia has just started, and I flip it over there. Despite drifting off several times during the movie, I refuse to get up and go to bed already. Once it's over, at the merry hour of 1:30 am, I drag my butt into bed and clang heavily into a sound sleep. Today I feel like death warmed over. I have these weird little wavy lines in my peripheral vision. My ears are ringing. Perhaps, just maybe, I need to get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight? I don't know why I insist on doing this to myself.

In other news, I met with the school counselor today. I was able to give her a good report directly from Ben's teacher, because we chatted on the phone on Friday. She's not really able to give me a detailed report of the day in our communication log, because she just dashes it off at the end of the day. As we spoke she painted a much rosier picture of Ben's improvement in class. He still has things we need to work on, that's for sure, but I'm feeling much better about things. The counselor had several good ideas for me as well. One of the most important things she told me was that they don't worry about attention problems unless they're interfering with the child's learning, which clearly isn't the case with Ben. His pediatrician had said the same thing to me in the fall. That relieved me immensely. The next person who suggests we have him tested is getting a punch in the nose...even if that person is me.

Comments on "Why do I do this to myself?"

 

Blogger teabird said ... (7:33 PM) : 

Magnolia! One of my all-time favorite movies. I practically cry when Donnie talks about having so much love to give, and when the little boy says "you have to be nicer to me."
Wonderful, wonderful film, and great music by Aimee Mann.

 

Blogger Pam said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I have never seen Magnolia, guess I'll have to rent it huh?

Get some sleep will ya!

Glad to hear things are going well with Ben!

 

post a comment