• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 07, 2008

Not knittin'

But crochet! I recently taught myself crochet, then discovered the Japanese art of "amigurumi," which are very cute crocheted animals or toys. I made the mistake of calling the kids over to the computer and showing them photos of various amigurumi toys, and they began putting in their orders. Yesterday I decided to give one a try: a cute little round penguin. It only took me a couple of hours, and that was with LOTS of do-overs and mistakes. I learned a lot from the attempt, and I can't wait to make more things! This little guy is named Ollie, because he just looks like a big letter O to me. Click here to learn more about amigurumi!

100_2446

Comments on "Not knittin'"

 

Blogger Mandy said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Oh gosh, Cindy! He is so cute! I can't crochet or knit; I'm so not coordinated enough, but this cute little guy is making me want to try again. LOL

 

Blogger Pam said ... (10:34 AM) : 

So cute! You are just so talented!

 

Blogger teabird said ... (2:05 PM) : 

I **love** him!

 

Blogger ComfyMom~Stacey said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Oh how cute is he! I just bought a book called Amigurumi World with a bunch of patterns, including fruit, coffee cups, eggs & cactus plants. I think I am going to make a bunch of crochet fruit to sit in a bowl in my kitchen:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 AM) : 

Cindy he is sooooo darn cute!! I came out of lurkdom to let you know I have made a pig and a mouse, since seeing this. They are soo fun to make. Thanks for posting :)

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (9:33 PM) : 

I've been looking at these little cuties. I've also seen a few animals made from wool and felted and turn out so adorable!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Thanks for this post! Now I'm gonna be a cupcake making fool! I saw the cutest one from one of the Wiki links. Got my yarn already. And, while I was there, I found some yarn that can be felted, so I'll be knitting that up when I'm not crocheting cupcakes!

 

post a comment