• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No foolin

My husband came home last night with a look on his face and told me that he had a talk with his boss. Uh oh. Then he started talking about how one of the guys over in Europe was needing some help...I started getting excited! I thought he was going to tell me that we were going overseas for a year or something! It wasn't that, though. His boss was offering to let one of the three of them go over for two weeks, with time to work as well as have some European relaxation time. So DH wants to know if he should tell the boss he's interested. It could be as soon as spring break, in just less than three weeks. I was concerned at first, because we'd need to take the kids with us. And fast-forward the passport situation, and deal with a lot of hurry and stress. But then I threw caution to the wind and said yes. So he's going to tell bossman that he's interested. We may not be the ones who go, but if we do I'll have the kids with me for a lot of the time, while DH works, in non-English speaking countries. This is one of my biggest fears. But guess what? If I face up to it, then it won't be a fear any more. And what an opportunity for the children! Part of me hopes it won't work out, but if it does then I'll have a lot of work ahead of me. It'll be hard, but fun. And that's no April Fool.

I'll leave you with a few shots of Ben. We went letterboxing one day last month, but we weren't able to find the hidden box of treasure. So sad. We still had fun though.





Comments on "No foolin"

 

post a comment