• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Time for a visit!

My parents are driving up to visit us from North Carolina this week! Yay! They arrive tomorrow and will be here until next Sunday. I know, kinda weird for them to miss the weekend since they're retired and the kids will be in school during the week. But they have this idea that 80% of the country seems to share, that all of New York is Manhattan. And they didn't want to drive in on a weekday. Whatever. :P They've only been to our house once before, August of 2005 when we moved in. I think they'll be happy with all the improvements we've made (and surprised with how much HASN'T been done yet, lol). But the house is all tidy thanks to the encouragement of the OCD girls (Organized, Creative Designers) at DigiShopTalk. Thanks ladies!! My mom is pretty much a neat freak, opposite of me, and I've been through book after book and analysis after analysis trying to figure out why I'm so NOT a neat freak. And I want her to be proud of me as well as comfortable while they visit, so I did my best to make everything nice. I WANT to be a good housekeeper, but I just hate housework! What's wrong with that? LOL!

Anyway, you may not see my perfectly coiffed head around as much this week, unless they start to drive me bonkers in which case I may need to escape them. (Sadly, the office is also the guest room.) So have a great week and I'll see you soon!

Comments on "Time for a visit!"

 

post a comment