• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 18, 2007

This is it! The end!

Of school, that is, for the year. And today is my last real day of peace and quiet because of the all the year-end activities going on this week. Lucky me, DH decided to stay home today so I get to help him build the shed instead of taking a nice long shower and sitting down in front of all my TIVO'ed shows from the weekend. Sigh.

Tomorrow is Ben's kindergarten picnic at the beach. I'm SO excited about this one...lots of photo ops and cuteness. On Wednesday and Thursday the kids get out of school at 11:30, and on Friday they're only going to school until 10. What's the point of that, I ask you? I'm looking forward to no schedules for a while, until they go to day camp in July and I can have some "me" time again.

I'm also SUPER proud and excited to relate that the pool is no longer a swamp! I spent the whole morning vacuuming and scrubbing, and the last of the leaves are finally gone. I'm going to let it settle a bit then take some water to the pool store for testing. I really, really want to make sure we keep this pool healthy, now that I know a little better what I'm doing out there.

In digi news, I need to remind you that my grab bag is going going GONE from the store on Wednesday night. After that, all four products will be in the store for full price, so take advantage while you can. If you like hints, I'll tell you that there is a paper pack, a frame cluster pack, an alpha, and a multiphoto template in there. Worth WAY more than the price, trust me.

Everybody wave hi to my sister-in-law, who is planning to start scrapping her beautiful daughter Isabel. She's starting out with paper but I know I can convert her to the digi side with time and patience. And free stuff, naturally, lol!

Have a beautiful week, and enjoy one another!

ETA: I've been waiting and waiting for a patio set to come in at Home Depot, and today I finally gave up. I want to have a nice place to sit and eat outside, so I ordered this one instead. Isn't it pretty? It's my reward for working so hard on the swamp/pool. Want to come over for dinner next week?

Comments on "This is it! The end!"

 

Blogger *~*Jill*~* said ... (12:59 AM) : 

Dude! I'm SO there for dinner!

Hiya Cindy's Sis-in-law ~waves like a madwoman~

 

Blogger Cheryl Gebhart said ... (9:29 AM) : 

To anyone reading this - the grab bag is so worth it! And I'd love to come for dinner! LOL!!!

 

Blogger Lisa Joy said ... (6:25 PM) : 

Your grab bag was great!
That patio table looks great!
I'm there for dinner. lol

 

post a comment