• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job

Monday, July 09, 2007

Hello friends!

We are back from North Carolina, and we had the best time. Fishing, hiking, 4th of July party, movies, all kinds of good stuff. The kids just love their family on the Justis side so much. The photos are still on the camera but I'll be uploading them to iPhoto soon.

I've come back with a big announcement though. After careful consideration and long, tough looks at my life, I've decided I need to hang up my designing hat for a while. I enjoy it most of the time, but with the kids home this summer and a new doggie on the way, I think I need to focus more on home life for a while. I tried to quit once before and my sweet, supportive team and coworkers convinced me to hang in there for a while. But this time I'm sure I'm making the right decision. Who knows, some day down the line you may see my ugly mug in a digiscrap store again. But for now, I'm joining the ranks of the average scrapper (well, BARELY average, lol). I already celebrated my decision by rushing out and purchasing the new "Girl Next Door" collection by Robin Carlton and Christy Lyle at Sweet Shoppe Designs, and promptly creating two layouts with the gorgeous kits inside.






I want to thank all of you who kept up with my blog and used my products. It's the sweetest gift to know that someone thought something I created was worthy enough to be used to capture their precious memories. Keep your eyes peeled for a big (HUGE) retirement sale soon. My products will be disappear at the end of the month.

Comments on "Hello friends!"

 

Blogger Joy said ... (10:40 PM) : 

WOW... that is a big decision and I totally understand.. I cant imagine keeping up with it all...especially with a family ... and now a puppy and trust me I know that is like another baby... best wishes. your designs will be missed but you have to put you first. Hugs... an admirer

 

Blogger Karen said ... (6:22 PM) : 

Cindy, I totally respect your decision. Only you know what's right for you and your family. I only hope that you will at least keep blogging somewhere. Pictures of the new puppy and watching kids grow up (even if they're someone else's kids) is fun. Enjoy your "new" direction.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:35 PM) : 

What a big decision but family is so important. I am glad you have realizes this although your talent will be missed.

 

post a comment