• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Release

Today, I did some releasing. I released my fears about losing weight into the universe. I released myself from being upset when my son brings home a slightly less than wonderful report from school. And I released myself from two responsibilities (digital scrapbooking creative teams) that were causing me to give myself guilt over not paying as much attention to them as I should have. My husband once told me, once a hobby starts stressing you out, it's time to find a new hobby. Well, scrapping was stressing me out. So I am now only on one creative team, and that one is a very low-pressure gig for a designer who I consider a long-time friend. And I will give her 100% of my time and energy and mojo, and I will be proud of the work I do instead of finishing a layout and saying, "Okay, now I need to go do something for So-N-So's team so they don't get the short end of the stick." Too much pressure, and not any fun! Release is good.

I am currently (and of my own volition, not from any sense of obligation) knitting my husband a pair of socks. And they are so soft, and so pretty, and coming along so nicely, that they give me joy just to look at them. Now THAT is what a hobby should be! For those who were asking about a gallery of my knitting projects, I have everything stored over at a site called Ravelry which is not yet open to the general public. But I think I can share my Flickr page link and you should be able to see them all there as well:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15920154@N07/

Feel free to ignore all the photos of yarn, lol. One of the features of Ravelry is being able to upload photos of your yarn stash and keep track of what you have. As a newer knitter, I figured now was a good time to get that going before I have more than I can photograph.

Comments on "Release"

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (12:04 AM) : 

thanks for letting us peek at your knitting projects - they are adorable!
Good for you to be able to release the things that stress you, enjoy the freedom!

 

Blogger Pam said ... (8:26 AM) : 

Good for you! You know the pink and brown stuff is my fav! :)

 

Blogger teabird said ... (2:03 PM) : 

It's so hard to **release** isn't it? (sigh) You are setting a good example!

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I loved looking at your yarn and projects. I am taking a beginning knitting class next saturday. I crochet and don't know how the transition from one to two needles will be.

I think you should read ali edwards's blog about one little word. I think you've picked your word, "release"

 

post a comment