• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Just dropping by...

...to tell you I have nothing interesting to say.

As one of the class moms for Ben's class, I collected the money and bought the gift card for the class gift to the teacher. I made a nice card too, using the Blustery Day kit by Susan Bartolini and Christy Lyle over at the Sweet Shoppe. I'm not going to reproduce it here, because I included a class photo and I don't want to post the kids' photos without their parents' permission. It's right cute, though. Today is the class party at 2:00. I wasn't planning to be there, but the other class mom thought it would be nice if we were both there to present the gift. I also have a knitted washcloth with some nice Body Shop soap and lotion to give her as a present just from Ben. He doesn't want me to bring it today, though. He wants to give it to her tomorrow on the last day before vacation.

Speaking of vacation, I'm really glad it's almost here. I'm running low on the energy to keep on top of Ben and his schoolwork. However, I think we've come up with a temporary solution. He's decided he really likes Pokemon, so I bought a few packs of the cards and told him he can have a pack every time he comes home with a note saying he did all his classwork in a timely manner. That's the biggest problem now that the toilet issues are cleared up...he loves to daydream and not complete his work, then claim that he didn't have time. He even comes home with his snack, saying he didn't have time to eat it! He's just such an airhead sometimes. But he's dying, DYING, for these Pokemon cards and he told me he was going to earn his first pack today. So we'll see. The idea is to get him into the habit so the rewards can come less frequently.

I have three pairs of socks currently on the needles. I completed the first sock for DH and need to cast on the second one. Ben's and mine are still on hold. And what did I go and do? Ordered sock yarn from a girl who lives near my parents in NC. It's pretty, though, and I hope it comes today. It's mostly for me, I'm embarrassed to admit. I also found a sweater I'd like to make for Ben in the book "The Knitting Experience: The Purl Stitch." But the socks are following me all over the house and tugging on my shirttails, so I think I better get them done first.

I'm still not feeling 100%. I finished my last dose of antibiotic on Tuesday, then yesterday I woke up with one of the worst sinus headaches ever. The pressure in my head was unbearable. After waiting an hour and a half for some aspirin to kick in, I had to take some Tylenol on top of them. I even had to suffer through the gingerbread house activity at Rebecca's school, which I would have enjoyed without the pain and roar in my ears. Fortunately, right around 4:30 the pain broke and I could have started dancing, I felt so much better. Today I feel good, but I still have this nasty stuffy feeling in my ears. I called the doc who told me it could take up to 10 days for the symptoms to go away, so I'm going to wait until Monday and see if I'm better then. I feel like I'm living at high altitude or something.

Wow, I guess I did have some things to say after all. Have a wonderful day!

Comments on "Just dropping by..."

 

post a comment