• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Meatloaf Thief

Today I took a package of meatloaf mix out of the freezer and left it on the counter to defrost. It made it through most of the day. However, at one point I came downstairs and found DH holding the styrofoam plate that it came on...empty. He said, "I found Seeger in his crate licking this." No mystery where the rest of it must be. So the options were A) roast and eat the dog or B) go to the store and get more. We debated and came down on the side of option B. Plus a special bonus for the dog when Ben accidentally dropped his plate as he was clearing, because he had a little meatloaf left over that fell on the floor. At that point, I wasn't arguing over whose domain it was. Having the dog lick the grease and ketchup off the floor means only one thing for me: less mopping. Bonus for me as well, then.

Things are going well with the second Sailor's Ribbing Sock. I've gotten past the toe and into the foot pattern. What I have to look forward to is boring boring boring, then WHEE turn the heel. I love turning the heel. I got my order from Eat.Sleep.Knit. the other day, and I have to tell you that the tencel sock yarn from The Unique Sheep is so soft I want to rub it all over me. When I realized that I had ordered too little of the Lorna's Laces, I placed another order and had to throw in another colorway of the tencel as well. It's so delicious. I can now see why sometimes people leave yarns in their stash for so long, waiting for the absolutely perfect pattern to come along to match it.

I have to go serve dessert. I made my mom's famous (off the sweetened condensed milk can) Cherry Cheese Pie and some decaf. Rebecca won't eat it, the little snot, but Ben is looking forward to it. So am I. I've been buying the premade cheesecake filling by Philadelphia in the freezer case, and it's okay, but the cheese pie is definitely my favorite. Off to indulge!

Comments on "The Meatloaf Thief"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (7:51 AM) : 

So does Seeger have a belly ache today?

I want that pie recipe!

 

post a comment