• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, January 07, 2008

Scary night

My little guy is sick again, although you wouldn't know it to look at him. First, he had a pink eye all day yesterday so I had resolved to take him to the doctor today anyway. Then, he came in our room around 1:00 am coughing, gasping and sobbing. He was having trouble breathing, and I thought he had finally started showing symptoms of asthma, which his daddy had as a child. But DH knows what asthma sounds like and he said it was up higher in his throat. I went for the Family Medical Guide (THIS IS A LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY! is its response to just about anything I look up, so this may not have been the wisest course of action) and concluded that he was having an attack of croup. Neither of my kids has ever gotten croup before, and it scared the bejabbers out of me. DH got him in the bath and got some steam going. I gave him a little medicine and some orange juice and got his humidifier going. Once he calmed down his breathing eased up and he was able to talk. He went back to sleep, but obviously I called doc first thing and we have an appointment later this afternoon. This poor kid just can't seem to stay well! Nevertheless, he's running around the house playing with the dog and asking for a double-stack of waffles. So I know he feels okay...I'm just not so sure he is okay. Oh, and his eye's still pink so there's no choice but see the doc.

Other than that, I'm trying to stay full on the new diet and prepare myself for DH's upcoming business trips. He's going to the big trade show, Consumer Electronics Showcase, in Las Vegas this week. Then he's home for a week and headed out for a HUGE trip to the Far East: Korea, China, and Singapore. A week and a half away! I'm so not looking forward to that one.

Hope you all have a great week and I'll see you soon!

Comments on "Scary night"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (1:11 PM) : 

ACK! That is scary! I am glad he's doing better!

Hang in there with all Dan's trips! I wish I could come and keep you company but alas I've got to work, be a mom, a wife, all that fun stuff! ;)

 

Blogger teabird said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Oh, that can be scary - but if Dan is an asthmatic, he knows how curative steam is....

 

Blogger Chris said ... (9:56 PM) : 

Sounds like you had a very scary night. I'm glad Ben is feeling better. Too bad you can't go on that trip to the Far East with Dan. Wouldn't that be awesome??!!!!

 

post a comment