• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The sound of no one breathing

I'm holding my breath this morning. Ben took his medicine this morning and ate some cereal. I drove them in to school so he could hang out at home a little longer so I could keep an eye on how his tummy reacted to the meds. It's now 10:20 and I'm waiting by the phone to see if the nurse calls. (Yesterday when she called she said, "Hi, it's Nurse Ratchet from school." LOL! She's a hoot. And she lets me talk and talk about our toileting troubles and gives lots of sympathy. I love her.) So far, so good. I absolutely must go out to get groceries today, so I hope he stays well. He was acting SO much better this morning...I'm sure it will be fine now but I can't help but worry. I'm a mommy.

The weather is the PITS today. It's just spitting down, gray and gloomy, clammy and nasty. Not a nice refreshing rain but just glum. Yick. And my hair was looking so nice too. Not if I go out in this mess, though.

I finished the back section of Ben's cardigan last night. I just can't seem to make myself start the second socks for him and me. I'm really anxious to try 2 socks on one circular needle using Silver's tutorial, plus I have some yummy yummy sock yarn from Eat.Sleep.Knit just calling to me. I stop and squish it occasionally when I pass by. Finishing the back of the cardi has inspired me to keep going on that, though, until I finish. Maybe I'll cast on new socks if I go out for a knit date soon (not likely with all DH's travel this month).

And some odd but fun news: I will actually be participating in season 3 of the Amazing Digiscrapping Race this time around. I came up with the concept last year and administered the race for season one. When Theresa was ready for season 2, I was just on the verge of quitting designing altogether and didn't have the desire to work on it again. So she took the reins and season 2 was WAY better than season 1. This time, I'm off the design team and ready to race around the digi world! I'm hoping it will jump-start my scrapping mojo, which seems to have taken an extended vacation. I fully expect to see it back, just in time for the race, with a nice dark tan and a headful of beaded braids, saying, "Hey, mon, it's gonna be ai-ree!" Thanks, Michael, now get back to work selling paper. It'll be weird to be a player rather than the race queen, but I'm looking forward to it.

And in less pleasant news, today is Seeger's last day as an intact male. Yup, tomorrow he's going to be (as they say in my dad's favorite Far Side cartoon) "tutored."

And that's it from Chez Me today.

Comments on "The sound of no one breathing"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (10:46 AM) : 

Awww, poor Seegar!

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that nurse rachet doesn't call!

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (11:04 AM) : 

here's hoping for no phone call and that all goes well for poor Seegar.

 

post a comment