• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 18, 2008

Addendum to earlier post

First off, gigantic hugs to Lisa and Melanie for your responses to me. Honestly, they helped more than you know. I just go through this phase every once in a while. I don't get a lot of help around the house, so sometimes I just quit. And no one else seems to care to pick up the slack, so I'm the one that gets frustrated and has that much more to do when I finally lose patience with the mess.

I've made some positive steps so far today, tidying a lot and cleaning some too. This may be a little counter-productive, but I created a group over on Ravelry called "Knitting Rewards" where people can post their daily goal list and what knitting project they'll use as a reward when the tasks are completed. I'm about halfway done with my task list for today. But I still need a shower before I go to the bus stop, so I have to factor that in as well.

Seeger's stitches came out with no problems and he's good to go. No more cone, no bandages, nothing. No more you-know-whats either, lol.

And finally I really just wanted to add the sock photos. Rebecca chose the yarn, let me just remind you. And I was lucky that each ball of yarn started in exactly the same place, which is the only reason the stripes match up so well. I'm not usually a stickler about that. Apologies for the blurriness and bad lighting...I was trying to get the photos before she rushed off to school in them.

100_2319

100_2318

Comments on "Addendum to earlier post"

 

Blogger Rach said ... (2:50 PM) : 

They turned out perfect and adorable! I can totally see why Rebecca loved the yarn, and why she was eager to wear them to school. Beautiful work, Cindy!

 

Blogger teabird said ... (3:45 PM) : 

Very, very cool socks! Who wouldn't like them?!?

 

Blogger Chris said ... (9:17 PM) : 

Those socks are just the coolest! And about your other post - I hear you on the frustration of getting no help. DH thinks that since he is at work all day, he shouldn't have to lift his little pinkie to clean up after himself or anyone else. I'm talking terrible toilet behavior, dirty tissues just dropped wherever he used them, wrapped up orange peel next to the bed from the snack eaten IN bed, taking out the trash, and the list goes on! I can't change him, but I can sure complain about it. I get very frustrated that I pick up after everyone but no one picks up after me. So I go on strike, but then when someone comes over, I'm mortified. No one thinks "Gee, that man sure is a terrible housekeeper." So I do what I have to do, for myself. Not for anyone else. If they don't like my cleaning standards, then they know where the broom is. I'm sorry your kids don't stick to their sensibilities when their friends are over, but they're just children. They really shouldn't have to think like adults, eh? Take care of yourself, and I say reward yourself before or after - just be sure to reward yourself! HUGS

 

post a comment