• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Naughty Lily!!!

Read this comment, left by Chris in my post about Seeger eating the muffins (she has a golden retriever named Lily):

Scary, Cindy. I can tell you chocolate cake, chocolate frosted donuts, 3/4 of a pizza and a pack of tortilla stories. All separate stories, but all stuff taken off the counter. Oh, and bread stolen from the toaster on more than one occasion, which I thought was me losing my mind, LOL. But, the good news is, Lily grew out of that stage. And I'm better at remembering to push things out of her reach. The microwave has become my friend. Give him some Pepto Bismol too, cause he'll need it for his diarrhea ;)


Oh my!! I've had fresh bread stolen off the counter (nearly cried!) and coffee drunk (just what I need, a caffeinated puppy) but that takes the...should I say it?...cake! And I wanted to put this in a fresh post to tell Chris, and anyone else with greedy puppies, that I read recently that canned pumpkin is a great stomach settler for dogs. Just a big tablespoon on top of their food and it really helps their digestion. So there you go, your pet owner tip of the week.

We just came home from a HYOOOGE party. The little girl next door was celebrating her first communion and we were invited. We skipped the ceremony--I think Jews tend to turn to ash when they enter a Roman Catholic church, right?--but the party was a blast. The mom has been a wreck about it for weeks. I told someone that when Brianna announces her engagement I'm moving to Florida. This party was ginormous, including a cocktail hour (I told the kids it was the pre-dinner dinner), open bar the whole time, disc jockey/entertainer, four course meal, ice cream bar, after-dinner drinks bar including espresso and cappucino, and of course a giant cake shaped like a bible. The best thing that came out of it was having a long talk with my other neighbor and finding out that we aren't the only "poor people" on the street. (No, we aren't poor. But compared to the other people...like, say, the ones that can throw a party for tens of thousands of dollars for their seven-year-old? Yeah. We're penniless.) But we're very grateful that they invited us and the kids had a BALL. Sadly, the kids informed me that they were both up at 4:30 am, and after a six-hour party of dancing and acting like fools, they are trashed. They did, however, get to witness their mother dancing the Cotton-Eyed Joe. So it was worth it.

Comments on "Naughty Lily!!!"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (11:09 PM) : 

Thanks Cindy, for the pumpkin tip. Since I store stuff in the microwave, we've had fewer things stolen. Sounds like an awesome party - but how will they top that for say, high school graduation? LOL

 

post a comment