• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Who is this woman?

And what did you do with the real Cindy? I've been cleaning like a maniac the past couple of days. And I still have plenty to do. But the major thing that's been bothering me is the state of the floors in the master bedroom, and now they are dust-bunny free. That's a real relief, for my brain as well as my sinuses. Now that the weather is warming up, I want to make everything fresh and clean. Tomorrow I have to focus on the "common areas," like the octagon room and the living room. Lots of windows have doggie nose-prints that need to be wiped clean.

We're focusing on home improvements around here. We have a few quotes for replacing our 58-year-old burner, which is losing between 30 and 40 percent of the heat it generates. We could save more than 30 percent on our heating bills just by replacing it with a more efficient one. Add to that the fact that we're replacing the old windows that are still in the house, and we'll be saving lots of money this time next year. You wouldn't believe how cold the master bedroom gets in the wintertime with those leaky windows. Plus, none of the old ones open so we can't really get a cross-breeze going in the springtime. Not for long, though! Now if we could just get the yard company to come do our spring cleanup, we'd be all set. Thank you Motorola for dh's bonus this year, so we can do these things!!

In yarnie news, I just came back from AC Moore with some yarn to make the cutest little baby jacket you ever saw. No, I'm not pregnant. But one of dh's friends at work is having his second baby later this month and I want to make something for him. This is the guy who came to the hospital and sat with me while dh was in surgery with his sudden heart attack, so I have a soft spot for him (and his offspring). His wife is a doll too, and I hear she's having a pretty rough time this go-round. My thoughts are with you both, Dave!

Comments on "Who is this woman?"

 

post a comment