• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Work in Progress

Socks, of course. Work on my fall vest has ground to a complete halt, as I'm feeling the yarn is far too busy. Kate, you asked what it is: it's Patons Shetland Chunky in the colorway High Plains Variegated. I don't know what I'm going to do with 12 skeins of it, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. In the meantime I'm still going on DH's Mets socks. The ribbing for the cuff has become tedious, and there's still SO much yarn left that I don't want to stop until I've used it all up. So it's on hiatus.

I picked up a pattern for the Ravelry April Sockdown! competition. It's called Cascading Leaves, and I'm knitting it in a yarn called Dream in Color Smooshy. The colorway is called Butter Peeps, and I purchased it at Eat.Sleep.Knit. The lace pattern repeat is only 8 rows, easily memorized, and very quick to knit. I'm enjoying it very much! I'm researching different heel methods though, because I'm really not fond of the heel flap heel. My last attempt at short rows--using the yarnover method--was a complete flop (I'll show you on the Mets socks when I get a photo). So I'm hoping to try another short row heel with no wraps. Wraps really get me! Anyway, here's the work in progress:

100_2494

We're off to a birthday party for twins! Have a great Sunday!

(PS, to a certain someone who is waiting for a particular piece of mail from me...I'm nearly ready to send it off! You're going to love it!)

Comments on "Work in Progress"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (11:24 AM) : 

oh that yellow is sooo pretty! love the pattern too!

I hope that mail is for me! ;)

 

Blogger Chris said ... (12:22 PM) : 

Gorgeous socks, Cindy. You have more patience than I, that's for sure!

 

post a comment