• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 31, 2006

So happy to be home!

Our time in Maine was fantastic. The place we stayed had a kids' club where the children just had a blast, and Dan and I were able to get some nice couple time. We even went kayaking, which was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to do it again! We spent two nights with relatives just outside Boston on our way back to NY, and we were in the city on Saturday. It seems like a great place, but it was just too hot for me. My four-year-old guy was so miserable. Not even blue gelatto could cool him down. A few minutes sitting in an air-conditioned Starbucks helped. He had the energy to come into the Clarks store with me (that's MY idea of heaven!) and help me shop for shoes. We had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant called Lucia's that night; highly recommend it, and the line outside got pretty long as we were eating. It made my husband very happy to visit his elderly aunt and uncle there, as well as his LOVELY cousin and her family. They were kind enough to put us up and play tour guides for us. (We brought them a nice bottle of "Maine Gold," i.e., maple syrup, as a thank you.)

In other news, my kids are at day camp for the next three weeks. I pulled up to the drop-off location, and someone whisked them off with their bags. They didn't even look back. Silly Mommy that I am, I had to call a few minutes ago to check on them. They're fine, of course. There are so many activities going on at this place, I just know they'll be overjoyed. Exhausted, but overjoyed. I hope they keep them hydrated and sunscreened though; the temps are supposed to be in the 90s and maybe even triple digits by Wednesday. Phew.

The secret I was keeping may be old news to many of you by now. My dear friend and CT member JEN CAPUTO has been sharing her sketch talents with us for a long time now. And she has finally gotten SMART and started selling them for a super-reasonable price at Plain Digital Wrapper! These sketches (or templates) make digital scrapping SO fast and easy. She includes instructions so you can't go wrong. Please jump over to her BLOG or her STORE and check out what she has to offer! I'm fortunate to be on her creative team, along with a lot of very very talented scrappers, so I hope to share some of my creations with you using her templates.

Comments on "So happy to be home!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 AM) : 

Welcome back!! Sounds like a really great vacation was had by all. As for Clark's.....did you get shoes? LOL.

 

post a comment