• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Squelch, squelch

That's the sound my feet make when I walk across my basement floor. Thank heavens it's indoor/outdoor carpet, but still. We have fans and the dehumidifier running constantly. I hope we don't end up with mold, ugh. I have to go down there to get to the washer and dryer too, yuck.

So, Jen Caputo is going to kill me but today's post is going to be about the digital trend that was over before it started for me: curled photo corners. What is UP with that? Very few designers can make them look realistic (Jen is one who can, just to make that clear, lol) and the rest look like cartoons to me. I don't know, I just don't like the look that my page might fall apart at any second, you know? LOL! I might--MIGHT--be convinced to use one where the corners were only a teeny tiny bit raised, like you didn't quite get the adhesive all the way to the edge. But those big honkin' ones...no thanks. I like my little subtle drop shadow just fine. Just had to get that off my chest, thanks for letting me!!

I colored my hair today. It's been probably two years since I've done that, and I'm really glad I did. I used L'Oreal's Color Expert, which has the base color as well as a highlight kit. I'm red with copper streaks now! I was shopping for photo actions from Kim Hill while it was setting; all I needed was someone giving me a pedi at the same time and I'd be a real Long Island housewife! LOL! I'm just glad to put those grays under cover for a while. My normal color is just so drab. I'm positive Mother Nature meant for me to have gorgeous auburn locks, but she was busy that day and forgot. Mothers forget things sometimes, after all.

EDIT! Did another layout today, just have to share ya know.



And just to be clear, let me reiterate that it's the CURLED photo corners that I don't care for, not tears. Just so I'm not misquoted or nothin'. ;)

Also, here is my new haircolor for Pam and Karen.

Comments on "Squelch, squelch"

 

Blogger Karen said ... (1:53 PM) : 

So, Cindy, are you going to share a pic of you and your new hair color? Sounds lovely! I agree with you on the tears. The great big holes in the paper have just carried grunge too far, IMHO.

 

Blogger Pam said ... (2:29 PM) : 

I have to say I love torn corners and tears! I love Jen's best too!

I wanna see the new do!

Love your new page! Oh and I lifted your last one! ;)

 

post a comment