• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 06, 2007

I've returned from the wild!

I'm just dying to get my hands on some mascara, dude. A week looking like a grunge monster is NOT good for the old ego. But I have to tell you, those kids totally LOVED my scrapbooking projects. We made a mini book and an explosion card, both of which can be found in the Scrap Rally forum at 123-Scrap.com. I think next year I'll go for the full August session (3 weeks) with a bunch more projects. Rebecca enjoyed being with her group, called the Inters, and she spent the night in the bunk with Dan and me. I think next year we'll let her stay in the kids' bunk. I'm not crazy about her being away from home for three weeks, but as long as I'm at camp too it'll be okay. Ben's group was called the Starfish, and there were three of them (all age 5). They were a riot. Photos to come.

The bad news? I came home with a new obsession--knitting. The other arts & crafts teacher taught me a few basics, and I learned more by watching some online videos. The coolest yarn shop around here is closed today, but I think I'll hit it tomorrow and start shopping for yarn and needles and such.

Today? Well, I thought we'd be chillin' in the pool after a week of lake swimming, but it's a rainy day. Instead we'll be heading to Petco to stock up on all the stuff we'll need when we bring our puppy home in exactly one week! The puppies' owner called me last night; the puppy tester was there while we were away and determined that Chase was the best puppy for our family's needs. The cool thing is, we got several photos of Chase during our last visit there. So that's exciting.

Off to shower and slather on some makeup and perfume! MAN! I'll feel like a woman...

Comments on "I've returned from the wild!"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (12:25 PM) : 

LOL! You are funny! I guess I can't go to camp because I don't go anywhere without makeup! ;)

Glad you all had fun and can't wait to see the photos!

I can't believe you are getting a pup next week! How come you don't get to pick the name tho?

 

Blogger Qutecowgirl said ... (9:40 AM) : 

Hi Cindy. No I didn't find a group. Where are you in suffolk? (you can email me at mrstank1(AT)optonline(DOT)net.



And welcome to the obsession=)

 

Blogger Pam said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Tag you're it! ;)

 

post a comment