• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sigh

I'm just so fed up with the online communities lately. Really, the only places I enjoy being anymore are Oscraps and Sweet Shoppe. At Oscraps everyone is really friendly, and I love the challenges and shopping at SSD. I still love my friends at NDISB, but so many designers there are leaving or taking breaks (how can I complain...I did the same thing) and it feels like things are just changing there.

DST is becoming too much advertising. I don't feel "in" enough to join MSA, and I don't think I even want to. The digital smack blog makes me feel slightly nauseated every time I visit, even though I don't post (anon or otherwise). And just in general I can't figure out why on earth I want to post my private life and moments for anyone to see. What kind of satisfaction am I even getting from that?

I have CT responsibilities up through December, and after that I may just decide to step back from the internet even more than I have now. Just the fact that I feel the need to post THIS seems idiotic to me. Oh well, I know Pam will read it and slap me upside my foolish head.

Comments on "Sigh"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (8:02 AM) : 

WHACK!!! There's your official smack!

 

Blogger Kate said ... (8:43 PM) : 

And I'll add a second one to that:

SMACK!!!

Why don't you come and play with us over at DSS?? We are very nice over there ...

Kate x

 

Blogger TaniaJPS said ... (10:59 PM) : 

It IS changing at NDISB. But I am trying to embrace the change. I mean honestly, I couldn't even get *into* NDISB for like, almost 3 months. And you know how long THAT is in the digital world! As for MSA...would you believe I've never been there? I'm glad your finding places to hang though - but I miss you around "home base" - NDISB, that is. :) Chin up darling.

 

post a comment