• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 21, 2008

We're off

We'll be heading out in the early dark of the morning to get a jump on rush hour traffic. Still have to pack a bit and get all the "car entertainment" ready, including DVDs and video games for the kids and some knitting projects for me. And snacks. Lots of snacks. (For your edification, I've found that lollipops keep the kids' mouths busy longer than any other treat, so there is peace in the back seat temporarily.) Not sure if DH is bringing his laptop, so I may not be able to check in for a while. Be good while I'm away.

Sadness: DH is off taking Seeger to visit his mom and brother for a little doggie vacation. I was going to board him, but I wrote to the lady we bought him from to ask for a kennel recommendation and she said he should come stay with her. She was very excited about it, and so was I. I know he'll be well looked after there, not to mention he'll see family members he hasn't seen since he was 3 months old (and only 15 little teeny pounds!). I know he'll have fun, but I'll miss him tonight.

Comments on "We're off"

 

Blogger Bob said ... (9:20 PM) : 

I'm still waiting for pics of the sweater!

 

post a comment