• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 25, 2008

And then, the quiet

Yesterday was pretty hectic but good; the pool is sparkling clean and it took a fraction of the time of past years because we had such a good cover. I did go ahead and buy that automatic vacuumer, but I hand-cleaned it the first time just to be sure all the nooks and crannies were done. Seriously, in past years I've scooped leaves for days and days and days because of that darn tarp. This year I was done with the cleaning and ready to balance the chemicals in about a hour. I could have leaped for joy. Instead I bought a vacuum, which was just as fun. The kids were chomping at the bit to get in, so I said sure. Heh. I knew that water was about 15 degrees Fahrenheit. Rebecca made it in up to her ankles before giving up. Ben never even got out the door in his suit. Hopefully the sun will warm it up a bit before tomorrow, and if nothing else we'll make the kids run around and get really hot so the cold water will feel good.

We also went to Old Bethpage, the historic recreation of a Long Island village, where they had their "Sheep to Shawl" festival. We watched a woman shear a sheep with clippers. A little boy next to me kept yelling (really loud!) "Dat hurt! Dat hurt!" His mom gave up trying to convince him that it didn't. Rebecca got to card some wool and I got a small bit of handspun. It might be enough to make a little Webkinz scarf, if I can untangle it first.

And today...ah. Quiet. DH took the kids into Manhattan where a historian is giving a walk/talk for children about Jews in New York. They're meeting some friends from camp, and my mother-in-law, so I opted to stay home and clean and shop for tomorrow's party. I've taken a couple of internet breaks as well, lol. I guess I better gather up my list and head out for groceries. This family likes to eat, so no skimping.

Comments on "And then, the quiet"

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Enjoy your peaceful day. The sheep shearing thing sounds very interesting; without the kid of course.

Wii fit sounds so much fun

 

post a comment