• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 23, 2008

Let the screaming begin

Our first fight over the Wii. Don't you just love school holidays? Yeah, me neither. I'm up here perusing my Ravelry forums when all of a sudden I hear the patented Boy Screech from downstairs. When I get downstairs the explanations begin before I even say a word. Rebecca actually has the nerve to say to me (remember, she's 9 and Ben is 6): "He's making me play when I don't want to anymore!" Really. Based on past behavior, I'm guessing it was his turn to be player 1 and she quit playing because she had to be player 2. Can you believe it, a petty nine year old?

They're currently serving out their 1/2 hour sentences in their respective rooms. Rebecca doesn't care; she loves to lie in bed and read. I'll never figure out where she got that. Ben reads too, but he spreads out in the floor. They have to learn now, though, that if the game is a problem there will be no game. Darn it, that commercial said it was going to bring my family together, and we're going to get some togetherness if it kills me!!

Quick review: Wii Fit completely and totally rocks. It has a little humor, a little attitude, and a lot of energy. I did the basic hula hoop routine about 4 times in a row and broke a sweat. When I unlocked the advanced hula hoop I did it once and had sweat dripping. Now, I'm overweight so I could run to the mailbox and break a sweat. But at least I know I can get my heart pumping with this thing. Ben discovered the running games yesterday and played them pretty much non-stop until I made him quit to eat. I think he collapsed at bedtime. When I went in to check on him before I went to bed, his little feet were still moving, like a dog will do when he's dreaming about chasing rabbits. Rebecca enjoys the balance games, particularly the tightrope walk.

Today's agenda: take the kids to the park with some neighbor friends, maybe hit Friendly's for some lunch, and make a library run. This weekend I hope to go to the Old Bethpage Village Restoration where they're having a "Sheep to Shawl" festival. I'd love to see them spin the wool into yarn. Still lots of prep before we can have the family over for our annual Memorial Day barbeque. (Can I call it annual if this is only the second year?) Great Friday, everyone.

Comments on "Let the screaming begin"

 

post a comment