• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Will Wii or Won't Wii...?

Get a Wii Fit today, that is? See, I got a Wii for Mother's Day. Yeah. A Wii. I've had to share it, naturally. But the reason "I" got a Wii for Mother's Day was that I heard about the Wii Fit game coming out and wanted it. On Mother's Day night I went online to see if I could preorder a copy and nobody had it. Nobody. So I went to Target and asked them if they were going to have any. The lady in the electronics department told me they had 80 of them in the back but they couldn't put them out until Sunday. So on Sunday I got up at 7:00, grabbed a cup of coffee and drove over to Target to wait until they opened at 8:00. Walked in and learned that the Wii Fit would not be out until Wednesday (that would be today). The woman I spoke to earlier thought I was talking about the console, not the Fit game. So I was sad, and weirdly enough that sadness has been following me around ever since.

My darling husband told me that he would take Rebecca to school for her early orchestra practice this morning and then run over to Target to see if he could get one.

**pause to answer the phone**

Well that's pretty funny. I was just about to write that I didn't think he would be able to get one, that I would have to wait for a couple more weeks before I could play this game. That my blue funk (or is it a brown study?) would be hanging over my head for even longer. And then the phone rang. It was my dear, darling, precious, wonderful husband saying he got the game. He said they have about 100, and there were two people ahead of him in line.

That completely changes the tone of my entire day. I'm so happy and excited now! And you got to experience it as it happened. Lucky, lucky blog readers.

So now I can stop obsessing about that damn game and get back to knitting. I'm currently knitting a Charm Shrug for my daughter in a lovely red/pink tweed yarn. Here's what it will look like, only in a different yarn natch.



So far I have the fronts and back done, and they're attached at the shoulders. I picked up stitches around one side and have done about 2 inches of the first sleeve. It's going fairly quickly and I'm enjoying this new method of construction--I never did a three-needle bind off before and I love the way it looks.

Well, I'm off to imagine how much fun the Wii Fit will be and how svelte and sexy it's going to make me look. :eyeroll:

Comments on "Will Wii or Won't Wii...?"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (8:40 PM) : 

Huh, since I got the big nada for Mother's Day (except a card and lots of I love you's, which really did make my day) maybe I'll treat myself to the Fit. I picked up a Wii purely on a whim in March, when I was at WalMart and they were stocking the 3 they got in. By the time I got mine in the cart, the others were sold also. We only have a couple games - so the Fit would maybe be a good alternative to the gym, where I actually don't go very often!

 

post a comment