• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I survived!

I made it through this stupidly crazy day. The new oil burner is installed and it's so cool. But it took the entire day. And the house smells TERRIBLE. There was a lot of dust and oil and oily dust, and they threw that stuff down to soak up the oil that they use to clean up vomit in elementary schools? I was getting crazy flashbacks. Then I started getting lightheaded and went down to tell the installers that I was having trouble with the fumes and they said it was because they were using an acetylene (sp?) torch to weld. It was nice to put up the umbrella on the patio table and sit outside and read though. I'll post some "before and after" photos tomorrow.

The sprinklers...oy, don't get me started on the sprinklers. All the plumbing stuff is sticking up out of the ground on the side of the house and every year something else has broken to the tune of four hundred bucks. I think the guy finally convinced DH this year that he needs to let them bury the plumbing to protect it.

And the dog training course was really, really good. I don't know if I mentioned last winter, I took Seeger to a puppy kindergarten that a neighbor recommended. Well I don't know if they had a new teacher or what, but she was awful. Totally the Nazi Trainer from Hell. This class, recommended by a different neighbor, was the complete opposite. Everyone was very nice, the teacher was extremely patient and corrected our problems very kindly. And she customized the class for the owners of the younger dogs so that they didn't get too tired out. Seeger was, naturally, the head of the class. He's just so regal looking, he always looks very elegant in a sit. He heeled like a champ. He's passed out now, so I know he worked hard. I'm very proud of him.

Tomorrow, pull out the checkbook again. The guys are coming to open the pool. Maybe it will be clear enough and warm enough to swim over Memorial Day.

Well, if I can drag the remote away from DH and get him to turn off the darn Mets game, I'm going to watch the Office season finale.

Comments on "I survived!"

 

post a comment