• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Quick project

After I've done a couple of major projects (well, some people don't consider socks major but we'll ignore them) I like to do something quick and easy. Yesterday I made a mug cozy or mug sweater in about 3 hours. And it only took that long because I was having to adjust the pattern on the fly to fit my particular mug. I had to start over once and rip back rows a couple of times. The mug came from Target, and they had several different colors when I was there for about $4 each. The yarn is from AC Moore and wasn't expensive at all. So with a small investment of time and not very much money, you can have a very cute gift for teachers or coaches at the end of the year. Stuff the mug with tea bags, Hershey kisses, or pencils and erasers. I can attest that the mug sweater does help keep the beverage warm a bit longer!





Comments on "Quick project"

 

Blogger Chris said ... (12:59 PM) : 

How cute, Cindy! What a great gift.

 

post a comment