• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 05, 2008

Sickness

I just can't seem to get rid of this nasty sinus thing that's wrapped me in its clutches. On the positive side, I don't cough nearly as much during the day as I had been. I can breathe through my nose and I can taste again. On the negative side, I seem to cough all damn night and I can't get a decent night's sleep. I keep DH awake as well, so I move to the couch and then stay awake for the rest of the night. Also, my ears are stuffed with cotton. The Tylenol Sinus medicine is helping, but I really wish I didn't feel like my head was underwater. On the agenda for later today: NAP.

A few overdue knitting project photos for you. First, the adorable baby sweater with matching boo-tays.







Next, some socks that have been done for about a month now. I ordered the yarn custom dyed in Mets colors for my baseball crazy husband. He loves them, and they are VERY soft.



And last, the socks I took on vacation with me to Niagara Falls are finished. Yay! They turned out very lovely if I do say so.





Currently on the needles: the pattern called Eloise that came with my last shipment of the Chewy Spaghetti sock club. The yarn colors are unique, not my favorite, but the sock is knitting up nicely. Also on the needles are a pair for my daughter which are knitting up lickety split because I'm using a DK weight yarn on size 4 needles. This pair is my first "design" because I pulled a stitch pattern from a stitch dictionary to use running up the center of the sock. Other than that, it's a toe-up with a short row heel. Photos of that to come.

Off to make tea, start laundry, and rest if I can.

Comments on "Sickness"

 

Blogger Rach said ... (2:52 PM) : 

oh MY! I so love the sweater and 'boo-tay' set. So adorable!

 

post a comment