• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 28, 2008

Back home and so glad to be

We're home! We arrived home on Friday night around midnight, thanks to several stops we made on the way as well as a closure on the LIE just five exits before we needed to get off. Grrr... We made it, though, safely and tiredly. I have a few photos to share, so prepare for a photo-heavy post.

First, a Harlot-style sock-on-vacation photo. These are my Cascading Leaves socks that I'm making for the April Sockdown! challenge on Ravelry. Since this photo was taken I've turned the heel and started the gusset decreases. Still a ways to go.



Next, the view from our hotel room which overlooked both the Horseshoe and American Falls. Quite lovely.



This photo was taken as we swung high over the Niagara River in the Aero Car. It was a little scary!



Next we visited the Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory. Hubby actually got one to land on his head! Rebecca was so jealous.



These two were taken on top of the giant ferris wheel, the Sky Wheel, located in the touristy part of town. Also scary!





We saw a lot of rainbows. I wasn't sure if they would show up on my camera but I got lucky.



And finally, we made it home and went to the dog sitter to pick up Seeger. He was totally exhausted but we could tell he really enjoyed being with his mom and his brother. Below are Seeger (in front with the brown striped collar) and Romeo (in the back with the blue collar).



Abby is their mother. She is an expert kisser, as you can see.



Well that's it from here. I have a lot of laundry to catch up on, plus we all have some nasty hacking cough thing that just won't go away. It's messing with my inner ear and I feel very dizzy and gross. Fortunately it's a rainy day, so I'm going to stay inside and fold laundry and rest. So glad to be back with you!!

Comments on "Back home and so glad to be"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Glad you had a great time, and I love the photos!

 

Blogger teabird said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Having a butterfly land on you is an amazing experience - it's only happened once, and I treasure the memory.

Great pictures and really gorgeous socks!

 

Blogger Sonya said ... (7:02 PM) : 

Great photos, a few did look kinda scary. Love the butterfly!

 

Blogger busyizzie said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Great pictures, sounds like you have a fantabulous time!

 

Blogger FuguesStateKnits said ... (10:57 PM) : 

Hey Cindy - looks like you all had a blast:! I miss NY:)
I see you are a Mets fan AND a liberal?!!! I wish we lived next door. I'm a Hilary lover and married to a guy who loves Rush Limbaugh - what can I say - a mixed marriage:)
Glad you all enjoyed yourselves:)!
Joan, an expatriate New Yawka in "Merlin" who is studying O Canada just in case....

 

Blogger Bianca said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Beautiful photos. I am glad that you had a wonderful time. It does not happen every day that a butterfly lands on your head :-)

 

post a comment