• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 23, 2006

MIA for a few days

I get kinda burned out after creating a kit, packaging it, and marketing it. It's a pretty time-consuming process. So I enjoyed taking my daughter out to AC Moore this weekend and purchasing a small starter cross stitching kit for her. She completed it in an afternoon! Well, I did the backstitching for her but she did all the x's. Pretty good for a 7 year old! And of course, seeing all the stitching stuff got me thinking about how deeply involved I was in that hobby for so long--since I wasn't much older than Rebecca is now, I guess. I'm contemplating the idea that maybe I'll get back into stitching in the evenings, now that I have more time in the day to do scrapbooking with the kids in school. I'm doing pretty well keeping up with the house lately too, so that's good to have less housewife guilt. I do miss cross stitching, and I was even getting into a technique called hardanger right there before Rebecca was born and I pretty much quit stitching. I remember I bought this kit that you received in the mail in sections, one section a month for about 6 months and it turned into this huge elaborate sampler. It's still not finished, so do I go back to my UFO (unfinished object) or maybe refresh my enthusiasm by starting out with something brand new? Decisions, decisions.

I did a cute 2 pager today for the Jens: I used Jennifer Layden's kit and Jen Caputo's template. Check it out:

Comments on "MIA for a few days"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:57 AM) : 

You know I looooooove the look of cross stitch, it's so pretty. I just have to have instant results so I never got hooked on X stitching. I did try ribbon embroidery for a time (still a UFO in my closet). I think if you enjoy it you really should pick it up again. With cooler temps, this time of year is perfect for it. Hope I get to see what you make :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

One more thing....

.......mayhap you could create a X-stitch element or two for an upcoming kit :)

 

post a comment