• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Nothing much going on here

Today all soccer games were cancelled because of the rain and wind. It was so bad that when Dan came in from getting the paper this morning I asked him if he saw a little girl with a dog being chased by a green lady on a bicycle, lol.

Speaking of witches, Rebecca's witch costume for this Halloween looks an awful lot like the one that the Wicked Witch wore in the Wizard of Oz. She doesn't want a green face, though. We did a test run with the makeup this morning and she looks a little goth actually. We're going to the Halloween festival at the high school this afternoon so we'll get to see it all put together before the Big Day.

She said the funniest thing to us last night. You have to know first that she is a VORACIOUS reader. She got two chapter books at the library yesterday and had them both read before dinner time. So in the car coming home from dinner Dan teasingly told her that we were going to have to untrain her from reading, like Henry untrained Ribsy. And without a pause she said, "You mean every time I read a book, you'll hit me with it?" For some reason that struck both of us as so funny, the inside of the car exploded with laughter. She just comes out with this stuff sometimes, I don't know what to do but laugh.

Ben's latest cute saying was when he laid his head against my arm and sighed, "I've got love faces all over you, Mommy." Now would that get you a pony or what? Cute boy.

Well, like I said I usually have a nice long dry spell after finishing a kit and this week all I did was scrap my own photos and do housework. But my FCT (Fantabulous Creative Team) has given me some great ideas for new products, so I may have something new to show you soon. I hope so!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope everyone has good weather Tuesday if you're taking little ones out spooking!

Comments on "Nothing much going on here"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (12:21 PM) : 

What a sweet boy! of course I have no idea what Rebecca is talking about but it sounded very funny! I guess that's a book she's read that I haven't! ;

 

post a comment