• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A new knitting experience

Are you a knitter? Have you heard about Ravelry? It's a new online community for knitters, but it's so much more than forums. When everyone enters their stash info and project photos, it becomes a huge resource for finding patterns, projects, and yarns. It will also be a place to connect with other knitters, whether through common location, common projects, or common personalities. I know, I sound like an expert but the fact is that I haven't even been allowed in yet! Right now it's in beta, and they've got a long waiting list of people who want to join. They don't want to overwhelm themselves as they work out the bugs, so they're only allowing a few hundred new people in a day. Here's my latest stats:


* You signed up on September 13, 2007
* You are #32736 on the list.
* 18418 people are ahead of you in line.
* 1133 people are behind you in line.
* 41% of the list has been invited so far

Yeah. So, for all intents and purposes all I can do is wait for the bugs to be worked out so they can finally open it up with no waiting. Because otherwise it'll take a YEAR! I'm excited to jump in...I only have five yarns and three finished projects, so I don't have as much work uploading as others do.

Comments on "A new knitting experience"

 

post a comment