• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dammit, I missed the cut-off again

Seems like if I don't get into bed by at least 11:00, I miss some kind of weird sleep cut-off time and I'm awake for at least another couple of hours. Then of course I get hungry and have to eat something. Which keeps me awake even longer. So here I sit, updating my pointless blog at 12:02 am because I know if I go to bed I won't be able to sleep. Maybe I'll just go change into my jammies, brush my teeth so I won't eat anything, and come back up here to this TV and watch the episodes of Ghost Hunters I taped. I don't tape that show downstairs anymore since I walked in and caught the kids watching it. No, strike that; it was Most Haunted they were watching which bothered me slightly less because it's so completely ridiculous. But still. Up here I have the Tivo KidZone where I can filter out stuff. Downstairs we only have the Cablevision TiFaux and it has far fewer nifty functions. Once we switch over to Verizon I'm getting a real Tivo for that room too. (We really, really don't like commercials. At all.)

What else. Worked on my sock while watching Kitchen Nightmares. Do the producers require Gordon Ramsey to say a certain number of curse words per episode? That show has more bleeps than...I can't think of anything funny to say here. Let's just go with "a buttload of bleeps." Eh. I placed the unfinished sock stratgically far back on a table where even my long-legged puppy cannot reach it. Because I don't think the animal cruelty folks would look kindly on what I would do to that dog if he ate my sock again.

What else. Rebecca joined the 3rd grade chorus, which began rehearsals before school today. I think she'll enjoy that more than orchestra, because it's like pulling teeth to get her to practice violin. But she sings and hums everywhere she goes. Did I mention that the kids had to get shots at their checkups yesterday? Yeah, I was taken by surprise and that's not good. I told them to suck it up, take their shots, and I'd get them each a new Webkinz. (Hey, I'm not above a little well-placed bribery.) Ben was a real trooper...whined a bit, but sat still and took it. Rebecca, on the other hand, behaved like a 2 year old, tried to run across the room, and replied when the doc told her she needed shots for school by saying, "Then I just won't go to school." I had to hold her hands and she was extremely bratty and melodramatic. In the end, though, do you think she got her Webkinz? DH was extremely upset with me for giving in to her. Hey, she did take the shots once all was said and done. Was I going to get Ben a toy and not her? Pppptthhh. And now I'm the only one in the house who has not had a flu shot. Living on the edge over here, I tell ya.

12:12. Nothing I've said has any point. But I continue to type. Off to change and maybe watch a little boring TV to make me sleepy. Night!

Comments on "Dammit, I missed the cut-off again"

 

post a comment