• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 25, 2007

The downside of sleeping in

DH and the kids let me sleep in today. Great, right? Except now it's 1:17 am and I'm not sleepy. I probably would be, if I'd take out my contacts, brush my teeth, and lie down. But I'm still on the computer.

Rebecca's sweater is nearly done. Finished the sleeves and one button band, then started on the button band that needs buttonholes. Uh oh. The buttonholes are giving me trouble. Luckily for me, the local yarn shop is having a knitting clinic on Friday morning so I'm going to take it in and have someone help me out with it. Maybe they can show me how to duplicate stitch over the places where I accidentally made little holes as well.

In the meantime, I'm gonna haul out some of that sock yarn I bought at the big sale on Black Friday and cast on another pair of socks for me! I still have that pair for Ben I'm working on, but I'm not enjoying them very much because the stripes are really rather huge-ish. At least I can tell him that he was the one who picked the yarn. I have a couple of cute sock patterns to choose from for myself. I don't mind experimenting a little for me...if it's for someone else I want to make something I won't screw up too badly. Oh, who am I trying to kid? At this point, everything I make is new to me. That's the joy of beginning a new hobby, as well as the bane. It's taking all my willpower not to go cast them on right now. I know as late as it is, I'll just make a bunch of mistakes I'll have to rip out tomorrow.

But I really do have to get in bed for Pete's sake. Rebecca has a soccer round robin tournament tomorrow and she has to be there at 9:00. I told DH I'd take her since I was the one pushing her to join this pretravel team. She has another game at 11:30, and then that will be it for soccer for us for a while. We all need the break. Good night!

Comments on "The downside of sleeping in"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Can't wait to see all the socks! :)

 

Blogger teabird said ... (3:38 PM) : 

It really is exciting to learn new techniques! I'm looking forward to seeing your new socks!

 

post a comment