• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Whatcha been up to?

For me, mostly healing and knitting. Today was the day I was supposed to go shopping: Michael's yarn sale and the grocery store. But my stomach is not feeling so great and I'm getting these strange sharp pains in one of my incision sites. It comes and goes, so I think I'll just take it easy today instead. It's supposed to start raining soon so I'll be cozy and dry in here.

I've completed a few knitting projects and started a few more. Here are some photos to share.

First, a sock I've begun for Ben. I've finished the toes and started up the foot, slipped it on him this morning to find it's fitting perfectly (that's the benefit of doing toe-up as opposed to cuff-down), and I'm really enjoying the simple 4-stitch pattern I chose. This is the first project I've done where I've fancied up some bare-bones instructions to suit me, and I'm inordinately proud of myself.



Next is a set of mittens and headband/earwarmer. The Warmest Mittens are from Knitting Pretty and the Calorimetry headwarmer is from Knitty online knitting magazine.



Next is a cardigan, still in progress, for Rebecca. I over-Photoshopped the picture and you can't really see what a delicate heathered yarn I'm using. You can see it better HERE, just scroll down to Tidepool Heather. Working on the first sleeve, only the second sleeve and button bands after that. LOVE LOVE LOVE working on circular needles for the first time ever!



Other than that, nothing much going on. Dan is in California for a few days, which means we're having lots of diner food and Kid Cuisines for dinner. I hate to cook when he's not here. The kids don't appreciate it and I hate the cleanup. Starting to think about Thanksgiving, which is next week, and I'm really excited because we get to have everyone over here again this year. Last year was SO fun, partly because the power went out just as we were having dessert and the kids thought that was just the best thing ever. Hopefully we'll have just as much fun this year, only with lights and heat. Everyone pitches in, so it doesn't end up being too much work on my part.

The dog is good. Took him in to be weighed yesterday so we could get the right dosage on his monthly heartworm pill, and he's 39 1/2 pounds. It's like going to Weight Watchers, only in reverse. :P

Okay, I've blathered on enough for one day. Off to knit and maybe watch some of the DVDs I got at the library: Season 1 of House, which I only saw for the first time last week. Pretty good show, I think. I know, I'm late to that party. As usual.

Comments on "Whatcha been up to?"

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Oh, awesome, Cindy!! I love knitting too. It's what kept me occupied in the hospital all those long weeks of bedrest. This was of course before I discovered digital scrapbooking :-) Oh, and legwarmers are now back in style. Just think how much fun it will be to whip up a set of those!

 

Blogger teabird said ... (4:38 PM) : 

I decided a couple of days ago that I want to learn the 2-circ method of knitting socks - and there you are, doing it! Next time I get to Panera, can you be my guru!

 

post a comment