• Knitting a sweater for my honey
  • Falling over in disbelief that school starts in less than two weeks
  • Trying to find a job
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York

Mom to two wacky kids, wife to a fun-loving guy, progressive, liberal, and way too soft-hearted. Okay, a pushover. Also, an obsessive knitter.

  • The Loopy Ewe

    Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 01, 2007

:sniff: I thought I was good, but apparently not

I'm scared. I have to go in to have my gall bladder removed tomorrow, and the closer it gets the more afraid I am. See, I've only been in the hospital to be born. My own kids were born in a birthing center and I've never so much as broken a bone. Even though the surgery is laproscopic and the surgeon has done this over 5000 times (he told me so) I'm still terrified of general anesthesia. I've been trying to relax and get a grip today, but I can't help think of what might happen. I've given DH instruction to print out all my saved scrapbook pages for the children. He's being less than sympathetic, as usual. (He has very little patience for my emotional outbursts, but despite that I still keep having them.) I asked him to take me out to dinner tonight and he said, "Why, do you think it will be your last meal?" He was only joking, but I didn't need that in my head.

So, I will be in the hospital beginning tomorrow at 12:30, surgery is at 1:30 and I hope to be back home on Saturday morning. I plan to be as annoying as possible so they'll let me go sooner.

Also, I'm pretending that the flock of hundreds of shrieking birds that just landed in my backyard is not a bad omen.

Comments on ":sniff: I thought I was good, but apparently not"

 

Blogger Pam said ... (6:32 PM) : 

Hey, I like you blog header!

You crack me up! I've been under GA so many times I can't count it on one hand and look at me! No wait, forget I said that! ;)

You will be fine! And birds are good luck silly! Especially if they poo on you!

 

Blogger Chris said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Keep your chin up, Cindy. You'll be OK. I've only been under general once but it was OK. Seeger is cute, and gangly!!

 

Blogger Joy said ... (12:57 AM) : 

LOL... I am sorry I am laughing.. but you so sound like me... I had mine out in March and I couldn't have anything to relax me ... and I thought oh my gosh.. I am going to freak out. but really I was fine ... I am baby... so you will do great.

 

Blogger Rach said ... (6:35 PM) : 

You'll be fine, Cindy! I wish you a speedy recovery full of knitting, blogging and scrapping. *hugs*

 

Blogger Kate said ... (7:14 PM) : 

See, by now you know it was nothing to be worried about. I had mine done two years ago and I was terrified, but it was fine.

The main thing to remember is NO MORE PAIN!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

 

post a comment